The Entry & Exit Rules page allows you to fine tune entry and exit rules within your strategy.
The Trading Criteria section controls miscellaneous features within the platform, including deductions, risk management and timing of stock selection.
- Next Closing Price - uses the next day's closing price (simulating a Market On Close order).
- Average of Next High / Low Price - takes the (High+Low)/2 price to simulate an intraday trade.
- Next Opening Price - sets the price to be the next opening price, usually combined with slippage to generate a realistic entry or exit price.
- Fixed Percentage - allows you to specify a percentage to use for each transaction.
- Variable - calculates slippage based on the security's Market Capitalization.
- % of Position - The system calculates commissions based on the specified % of the value of a position.
- Flat Fee - The system will use the supplied amount, in the strategy's base currency, for each transaction.
- Minimum Commission - the minimum commission figure to use, in the strategy's base currency.
- % of Opening Price - the stop limit is fixed at the specified % below the opening price and the position will be closed if the price goes below the stop.
- Trailing Stop - the stop will be set to the specified % below the highest price the underlying security reaches whilst being held. The stop is adjusted dynamically as new highs are reached.
- Hold Current Position Open - removes the request to close the position.
- Adjust Position To New Value - buys or sells shares in the position to make it equal to the new required value.
- Close Position - continues to close the position.
Entry & Exit Rules (Optional)
By default the platform automatically closes all positions at each rebalance. While most of the work in selecting which stocks get selected are handled by the Universe / Ranking controls, you can specify additional rules to fine tune when a position is opened or closed.
These rules are run after the stocks have been selected by the Universe and Ranking routines and just before a stock should be opened or closed
The above example shows AtlasScript formulae forcing the platform to only buy stocks if the most recent Rank score is greater than 90. To open a position all enabled criteria must be true.
The example also shows that a position will be closed at rebalance if its most recent Rank is less than 50 or the position has been held for more than 25 working days. A position will be closed if any of the entries is true.