The InvestorsEdge platform gives you access to historical consensus analyst estimate data from 1990, updated on a monthly basis at the end of each month.
General Estimate Functions
General estimate functions allow you to access aggregated figures on analysts recommendations, future growth expectations and target prices. Functions to access this data take two optional offset parameters, for example:
- AnalystRecommendation - The most recent consensus analyst recommendation (between 1 and 3 with 1 being a buy and 3 being a sell recommendation.
- TargetPrice(1) - Returns the consensus price target from a month ago.
- LongTermGrowth(1, 65) - Returns the estimated long term growth % from the previous month as at 65 working days ago.
Consensus estimate functions allow you to access consensus estimated return figures. Functions to access this data take a mandatory period parameter and three optional offset parameters, for example:
- EstimatedEPS(q) - The most recent estimate for the next quarter.
- EstimatedSales(a, 1) - Returns the next estimated annual sales figure as at a month ago.
- EstimatedDividend(q, 6, 1) - Returns the estimated dividend per share in 6 quarters time as at the previous month.
- EstimatedCashflow(q, 6, 1, 65) - Returns the estimated dividend per share in 6 quarters time as of last month and 65 working days ago.
The average consensus buy, hold or sell weighting assigned to the company by the analysts that follow it.
Long-term growth is an estimate of the compound average rate of growth an analyst expects over and is expressed as a percentage increase per year for the next 3 to 7 years.
Target price represents the consensus estimate from analysts of the share price of the company, usually within 12-18 months